Monday 25 September 2017

Creative Responses

I decided to start this academic year with a very open project. We have a lot of new students in at Red Balloon this year and so I didn't know much about them, their interests, or their art experience. With this in mind, I planned a project that would give students a large amount of flexibility but would still meet one of the standards of Art education.

The lesson began with students investigating a range of art books I'd put on the tables. They had the simple instruction to choose an image that inspired them. It didn't matter which artist they chose, or what they liked about the image. I just wanted them to make a choiceful connection with an existing artwork. Once each student had selected an image, they were given the brief of making a creative response to this piece. The media they worked in was up to them, as was the scale of the response.

The results were beautiful and I'm very pleased to share them here.


























Inspired by Anne Buck























Inspired by Jackson Pollock





















Inspired By Cai Guo-Qiang

No comments:

Post a Comment