Friday 15 January 2016

The Story Begins...





I teach Art at the Norwich branch of Red Balloon, an alternative provision for students who have experienced severe bullying or other school-related trauma. My teaching practice revolves around materials-based exploration and the practice of visual storytelling. The combination of these methods provides a great basis for studying art and also for navigating through difficult life experiences.

My intention with this blog is to provide a glimpse into the approach as it has evolved (and continues to evolve) over time. I’ll be posting lesson plans, project ideas, pictures of student work, and reflective writing on working practice. I hope to provide inspiration to other teachers working in related fields, and to celebrate the work created by some very talented young artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment