Wednesday 2 November 2016

Roman Mythology Project Preparation

I'm planning out a unit on Roman mythology for my younger students and I've been busy creating a series of illustrations for a workbook. The first deities from the Roman pantheon I want to introduce the young people to will be Apollo and Diana. Apollo has associations with the sun, healing, light and poetry and Diana (his twin sister) is linked with the moon, wild animals and woodland. I picked these two characters as I thought they'd provide some suitably rich and evocative themes to work from.

Students will initially progress through their illustrated workbook, researching each deity and identifying their place in the Roman pantheon. After this they will choose one particular deity to provide inspiration for an independent piece, for which they will have a choice of media.

As I said, this project is still in development, but here's some of my illustration ideas!







No comments:

Post a Comment